These flavour-filled koftas make a wonderfully fresh and light meal as they are, but they could be served with some chips or wedges alongside if you’re looking for something more substantial. If you like a bit of spice, you could add a drizzle of chilli sauce to the filled pittas before serving.
1. In a large bowl or the bowl of a food processor, add the minced lamb, spices, egg and a generous grinding of salt and pepper. If using a food processor, pulse until everything is well combined. If using your hands, mix everything together working until the spices and egg are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
2. Form the spiced meat mixture into 4 even-sized balls, then squeeze each ball along the length of one of the skewers to form a sausage shape.
3. Lay the skewers in the base of the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 20-25 minutes at 190°C, turning halfway through,
until cooked through.
4. While the koftas are cooking, make the cucumber and mint dip by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stirring to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
5. Lightly toast the pitta slices of bread, then serve the kofta with the bread, salad and dipping sauce.