1. Cut the aubergine into bite sized pieces, toss with salt and set aside for 5 minutes in a colander to drain. The salt with draw out any bitter juice in the aubergine and improve the flavour and texture.
2. Prep your ingredients as listed above while the aubergine sits.
3. Make the braised chicken. In a dish, suitably sized, for your air model of fryer, add the ginger and spices. Spread the spices and ginger out in an even layer then add the chicken breasts on top. Pour over the chicken stock. The breasts should be nearly submerged. Place the dish into the air fryer basket, pressing it against one side to leave room for roasting the aubergine. Toss your aubergine in oil, then scatter the aubergine around the roasting dish. Close the basket.
4. Select “roast”, and set the temp and timer to 180C and 20 minutes respectively. Check the chicken at 15 minutes and cook until cooked through.
5. While the chicken cooks, place the thinly sliced onion into a bowl. Squeeze over the lemon juice and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the onion through the lemon juice and set aside to soften.
6. Make the coronation sauce by combining the yoghurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, sultanas, apricots, most of the almonds (reserve some for garnish) and freshly chopped coriander. Stir to combine.
7. Once cooked remove the chicken from the braising liquid and remove the aubergine from the basket. The braising liquid can be saved for use in other recipes, or used in soup! Shred the chicken and add it to the coronation sauce, along with the softened red onion (reserving some for garnish) and all of the liquid.
8. Stir well and you are ready to serve your coronation chicken as desired.
1. Top it on baked potatoes, make it into a sandwich or make our delicious salad slaw recipe, which follows:
2. Finely slice both the sweetheart cabbage and the red onion. Create a slaw consistency using a mandolin for best results.
3. In a bowl, add the thinly sliced red onion and combine with the apple cider vinegar, honey, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Toss the pickled onion through the cabbage*, add salt and pepper to taste and fold through the coronation chicken. Add ¾ of the coriander, parsley and flaked almonds, reserving some for garnish.
5.Ensure all ingredients and well combined, place onto a serving plate and top with the remaining coriander, parsley and pickled onion.